Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Karyn's on Green

A few weeks ago I had dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time.  We decided to try a new place known for their chic atmosphere, great service, and vegan food.  I've never been to a vegan restaurant before, but this place, Karyn's on Green, is literally a 10 minute walk from my apartment.

Image courtesy of Karyn's on Green website
The interior was gorgeous, as seen above, and the menu was surprisingly versatile for being a vegan restaurant.  They had everything from salads to risotto to linguini to soups to raw cheese plates to cheesecake and peanut butter pie for dessert.  I tried the crab cakes, served with kabocha squash, farro, kumquats, and chamomile. 

Crab cakes
 I've been looking to try new restaurants in Chicago, as I tend to go to the same (amazing) places time after time - and Karyn's on Green definitely opened my eyes to a new cuisine I wouldn't mind trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment